Team Leader, Data Services – University of Tasmania
Job no: 492964
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information Technology
In the role you will:
- Be responsible for management of members of the Data Services team and their staff development and training.
- Lead project management of all aspects of data services development.
- Ensure data services development meets the needs of IMOS/AODN in general and that the Information Infrastructure group can meet all developments.
- Work within the AODN Executive (Director, Executive Officer, two team leaders) to prepare business and implementation plans for the AODN.
- Engage with the national and international marine science community to ensure best practice and promote uptake and use of AODN data streams and data products.
You will be employed on a Full Time, Fixed Term (2.5 year) basis.
To be considered, you will have:
- Postgraduate qualifications in marine science and/or in information systems management and/or demonstrated experience.
- Extensive experience of information management issues and technologies which are relevant to managing distributed, heterogeneous scientific data and resources in the long term and in an on-line environment.
- Ability to lead, motivate and train team members, to establish priorities and manage competing deadlines for self and others.
- Extensive experience of distributed data systems, metadata standards and use, data exchange protocols and methods, and spatial/geographic information systems.
- Demonstrated experience in project management including planning and reporting. and implemented under a recognised project management framework, such as Prince II.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 9 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $134,859 comprising base salary within the range of $108,795 to $115,264 plus 17% superannuation.
For further information about this position please contact Sebastien Mancini, Data Services Specialist, Sebastien.Mancini@utas.edu.au / 03 6226 8571.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position/selection criteria in one document.
Applications close Friday, 16 November 2018, 11:55pm.
Leave a Reply