Teaching & Research Faculty – Virginia Tech
This individual will support the department’s teaching mission through delivery of primarily introductory courses. As a member of the faculty, this individual will collaborate with other faculty to design, develop, and teach in both online and in-person formats, as needed, and will mentor undergraduate and graduate teaching assistants. This individual will also contribute to the department through service activities related to curriculum design, science communication, and student recruitment.
The successful candidate will have:
– An M.S. or Ph.D. in Geoscience or a closely related discipline, by date of hire.
– Experience teaching college-level geoscience courses.
– Effective communication skills.
– Demonstrated ability to contribute to team goals effectively and positively.
-Experience teaching college-level geoscience courses as the primary instructor.
-Documented effectiveness teaching in a curriculum designed to serve the needs of a large, diverse group of university students.
– Potential to teach upper division undergraduate courses.
-Potential to contribute to curriculum development.
– Familiarity with teaching-related technology, particularly technology useful for online/distance/hybrid learning.
– Experience teaching courses online in formats using an LMS such as Canvas or similar.
– Potential to convey enthusiasm for science and geoscience to a diverse set of undergraduate students.
-Interest in teaching summer-term courses.
May 10, 2021
Candidates must provide Resume/CV, Cover Letter, References, Teaching Statement, and Diversity Statement
Leave a Reply