Launch Your Academic Career
The STEM Faculty Launch is a premier workshop for graduate students and post-doctoral researchers seeking tenure-track positions in the STEM fields. This two-day workshop covers best practices for pursuing, applying for, and establishing faculty careers. This annual workshop is open to candidates nationwide. Women and traditionally underrepresented minority candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
TO APPLY: Applications for the 2017 STEM Faculty Launch program are due August 11, 2017. Please visit our application site to apply.
The agenda for the 2017 program is under development. 2016 STEM FACULTY LAUNCH AGENDA
Participants will learn about critical topics for new and aspiring faculty:
- Negotiate for a tenure-track position or other faculty position
- Prepare your teaching statement with evidence-based teaching practice
- Design an effective research statement
- Prepare for the on-campus interview
- Develop an Individual Development Plan (IDP) for your professional goals
- Tell your story through public speaking and social media