Scientist Oceanographer/Modeller – Scottish Environment Protection Agency
Are you thinking about applying for a post within SEPA? You may be persuaded to apply when you see our terms, conditions and benefits? SEPA prides itself on the level of work life balance and flexibility it offers its staff. We believe that our terms and conditions are exceptional. Here is what you can expect:
- We provide a competitive starting salary. We are a Scottish Living Wage Employer Salary progression by annual increments to the top of the appropriate band. 35-hour working week for full-time employees.
- As a proud user of the ‘Happy to talk flexible working ‘logo, all our job applicants and employees are entitled to request flexible working arrangements such as reduced hours or a change to location for vacancies. Some roles aren’t as flexible as others but we’ll always aim to make sure your working life is well balanced with your life outside the work place.
- We also operate a flexi-time scheme, which allows you to work flexibly between the hours of 7.30am and 7.30pm and there’s no limit on the amount of flexi leave you can take in a 4-week period providing you are within the limits for credits and debits at the end of the 4-week period.
- We provide a generous annual leave entitlement, starting from 29 days per year, increasing to 33 days after five years of reckonable service. We also offer seven additional public holidays. Annual leave and public holiday entitlement is pro-rated for part-time employees.
- Staff also have the ability to purchase additional annual leave up to 10 days (pro-rated).
- An employer supported Volunteering Scheme which allows every member of staff two day’s paid leave per year to participate in voluntary work.
- We participate in the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) administered by Falkirk Council. The scheme operates on a career average revalued earnings (CARE) basis. The LGPS is a qualifying scheme and exceeds the standards set by the Government under the Pensions Act 2011.
- Occupational sick pay (entitlements based on length of reckonable service).
- Generous maternity, adoption, shared parental and paternity leave schemes (dependent on length of continuous service with SEPA).
- Occupational health benefits and access to a free Employee Assistance Programme which provides life management services.
Training and development
- Training and development opportunities enabling employees to acquire new or improved skills, competencies, or knowledge.
- Financial contribution towards the price of glasses or contact lenses for display screen use.
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform (provided by CSSC). Save money on everything from groceries, days out, gym membership and much more.
- Option of interest free loans for public transport season tickets.
- Cycle to work scheme (a tax efficient way to purchase a bicycle through salary sacrifice).
- Relocation assistance may be available for some posts. This will be included within job advertisements (if applicable).