Research Associate Position in Physical Oceanography – University of Miami
Research Associate Position in Physical Oceanography (University of Miami, RSMAS)
The Ocean Sciences Department at The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science at the University of Miami has an exciting opportunity for a full time Research Associate 2.
The successful candidate will serve as a seagoing and laboratory researcher who will participate in a variety of tasks associate with the procurement, processing, and analysis of data from oceanographic instruments and systems. Duties include:
- Assisting scientists in logistics and operations of seagoing experimentation on board research vessels, with a particular focus on deployment and maintenance of oceanographic moorings, data processing, and data quality assessment from the sensors and systems used.
- Conducting scientific programming using languages such as MATLAB, C++, or Python.
- Applying common data analysis techniques on acquired measurements, including moored time-series data, shipboard CTD and Acoustic Doppler profiler data, and ancillary data from satellites and other public data repositories.
- Producing high-quality graphics for use in scientific reports and publications.
- Assisting in maintaining project databases and web pages.
- Using hand tools, power tools and electronic and electronic test equipment to support lab and field work.
Bachelor’s degree in related field and 2 years of relevant experience.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law.
To apply, use the following link:
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $72,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan