Postdoctoral researchers position on sea ice modelling – Finnish Meteorological Institute
Description of the post/job
The Finnish Meteorological Institute is a service and research institute that produces high-quality observational data and research findings on the atmosphere and seas. The Institute uses its expertise to provide services that promote public safety and enhance well-being among people and in the environment. FMIs experienced international staff has a broad expertise on atmospheric, oceanic and carbon cycle processes in the Earth System.
We are now seeking a highly motivated scientists to focus on developing high resolution sea ice modelling system. The position is funded by the Academy of Finland project focusing on development of Digital Twin for design and management of Off-shore Wind Farms.
Our expectations of the applicant
Candidates with a Ph.D. degree in a relevant field (e.g. physics, geophysics, physical oceanography, meteorology, applied mathematics, engineering) will be considered. Furthermore, a successful candidate must meet the following essential criteria:
• Experience and merits in scientific publishing
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Good communication and interaction skills
• Ability to carry out independent research as well as work as part of a team
• Experience in numerical modelling
Other desirable qualifications are
• Familiarity with unstructured grid modelling
• Understanding of sea ice processes
Leave a Reply