Lecturer in Oceanography – Ulster University
School: School of Geography and Environmental Science
Salary: £37,495 – £53,384
Closing Date: 21 September 2022
Reference Number: 014466
We are a university with a national and international reputation for excellence, innovation and regional engagement, making a major contribution to the economic, social and cultural development of Northern Ireland.
Our core business activities are teaching and learning, widening access to education, research and innovation and technology and knowledge transfer.
The School of Geography and Environmental Science at Ulster University is a vibrant and dynamic department teaching over 400 undergraduate and postgraduate students and with an international research profile in the fields of geography, marine science and environmental sciences.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a commitment to impactful research and to education that emphasises active learning experiences in the classroom and field settings.
The post holder will contribute to teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate level in ocean and climate science related subjects, undertake research in line with the School’s strategy and for inclusion in the next REF submission, and contribute to leadership, management and engagement activities.
We intend to create a 12-month waiting list for same or similar roles within the University.
The postholder will be required to have:
- A PhD in oceanography, marine science or a related discipline.
- Degree or higher or equivalent in oceanography, marine science or a related discipline.
- Competitive salary.
- Generous annual leave entitlement promoting a healthy work/life balance – plus, an additional 15 days per year when the university is closed.
- Enrolment in USS pension scheme – employer contribution of 21.6%, employee contribution of 9.8%.
- An environment that supports flexible working and allows you to balance both work and home life.
- An open and inclusive environment that celebrates and welcomes diversity.
- Onsite and discounted sports/gym facilities (3 months free gym membership at either the Jordanstown, Coleraine or Magee Campus).
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Exposure to the very latest in cutting edge technologies including Dell, Aruba, Checkpoint and Avaya, feeding your passion for IT.
- Autonomy in your role to make impactful decisions and changes to company processes.
Athena Swan Statement
The School of Geography & Environmental Sciences holds a Bronze Athena SWAN Award in recognition of our commitment to advancing Gender equality. You can read more about what this means on our University website.
The University has a range of initiatives to support a family friendly working environment, including flexible working.
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Oceanography, please apply via the “Apply Now” button shown.
The University is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community, particularly from those with disabilities. Appointment will be made on merit.
Leave a Reply