Early career researcher – SOOS Southern Ocean Indian Sector Regional Working Group
The Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS) and the Southern Ocean Observing System (SOOS) are looking for an early career scientist to join the SOOS Southern Ocean Indian Sector Regional Working Group (SOIS RWG).
The successful applicant will have working knowledge of observational research of the Southern Ocean with a particular interest in the Indian Sector. The APECS representative will attend RWG meetings, and be responsible for assisting with data collection, curation, and reportage, and will be an important link in liaising between APECS and SOOS. We are interested in receiving applications from any countries, including those not yet represented by the WG Leadership Group.
For specific questions on this position, please contact Alyce Hancock (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The position will be for 2 years and non-salaried, but there will be travel reimbursement for attending one meeting if the working group holds a meeting during your term, and potential for co-authorship of publications.
To apply, you need to meet the following criteria:
- early career researcher (up to 5 years past PhD)
- Have a research background that fits the focus of the group
How to apply?
Please send the following information to email@example.com by no later than 21st September 2020:
- your CV
- Statement of Interest (max one page), including your research background,
- your motivation in joining the working group,
- and your thoughts on how you can contribute to the group and how this would benefit your career