CIMAS positions – NOAA
NOAA’s Argo Project is looking for applicants for two open CIMAS positions. Please feel free to forward this message to interested individuals and to distribute it to your wider networks.
Full-time Programmer II and Senior Research Associate I positions are available at the Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies (CIMAS) at the University of Miami. The incumbents will be developing software for the US Argo Data Assembly Center (DAC) within the Physical Oceanography Division of NOAA/AOML. Duties may include but are not limited to:
- writing and maintaining software in higher level languages (mainly Java, Fortran, C/C++) and shell scripting on a LINUX based system;
- writing applications using web services (SOAP);
- designing, developing, and documenting robust software packages;
- transitioning software to operational application;
- contributing to the monitoring of the processing system and the reprocessing of data.
The applicant must be able to work efficiently as part of a team and must have excellent time management, communication, and documentation skills.
For more detailed information about job requirements and applying, please visitwww.miami.edu/careers.Reference job post #R100047946 for the Programmer II position, or click here.Reference job post #R100050264 for the Senior Research Associate I position, or click here.