Academic Professional – Georgia Institute of Technology
The School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology invites applications for an Academic Professional position. The role of Academic Professionals is vital to advancing our instructional mission through teaching and student advising and through academic administration.
The successful candidates will have excellent teaching credentials, with clear potential for taking on responsibility in advising, educational leadership, assessment and administrative tasks. Candidates will possess an attention to detail, strong communication skills, and the ability to work well with faculty, staff, students, as well as the broader university community. Related teaching experience and a Ph.D. in geosciences, atmospheric sciences or a related field, such as environmental science are required for this position.
- Degree: PhD in geoscience or atmospheric sciences or a related field
- Experience and commitment in teaching undergraduate courses
- Comprehensive understanding of science applied to earth systems
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordination of teaching assistants
- Curriculum development
- Mentoring undergraduate students
Rank and Salary:
- Full time twelve-month non-tenured-track academic faculty position. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
Please submit a letter of application, a statement of teaching philosophy to include a summary of teaching experience, and a current CV to Alison Morainat email@example.com. In addition, applicants should arrange for three letters of recommendation to be submitted.
Applications will start being reviewed: April 1, 2018
Start date: August 1, 2018
Search Chair: Greg Huey