MPOWIR (Mentoring Physical Oceanography Women to Increase Retention) is pleased to announce several opportunities to get involved. For more information on any of our programs and initiatives, please visit mpowir.org. Please feel free to share these opportunities through your department or community listserve.
1. Join a Mentor Group: MPOWIR will be forming new mentor groups this fall. Groups consist of 6-7 junior women and 2 senior facilitators. Groups meet monthly via conference call and offer coaching, advice and strategies for professional success. The calls are also an opportunity for senior and junior scientists to share their experiences.
Sign up will be open until September 30th, 2016: http://mpowir.org/get-involved/mentor-groups/
2. As MPOWR moves forward with appointing a new Steering Committee we are striving for a transparent process. Our goal is a Steering Committee that has the full support of the MPOWIR community. Following the public call for nominations, we now ask for your feedback on the nominees.
Nominees letter of intent and CV’s are available for review by the community until September 2, 2016: http://mpowir.org/about/steering-committee/nominees/
3. There are a number of new Career Profiles on the MPOWIR website. Stop by and read through them, or contribute your own! http://mpowir.org/resources/career-profiles/
1. NASA MPOWIR Speaker Series: Applications will open in January 2017. Explore career opportunities at NASA, tour the Jet Propulsion Laboratory or Goddard Space Flight Center, and present your research to NASA scientists.
2. Pattullo Conference 2017: The conference will be held October 1-4, 2017 in Warrenton, VA. Registration will open in February 2017. For more information and to sign up for updates visit: http://mpowir.org/get-involved/pattullo/