Travel Support Requests are available for a limited number of participants (students, early career, and underrepresented countries) planning to attend the OceanObs’19 meeting. Please review the eligibility, evaluation criteria, and required documentation below.
IMPORTANT DATES: Application Deadline: March 1, 2019
- Eligible: 2 and 4 year undergraduate students, graduate students (must be a student at the time of the conference)
- Not Eligible: recent graduates and postdoctoral fellows
- Successfully-submitted abstract prior to filling out travel grant application
- First author presenting a paper or poster
- Sufficient additional funding resources (personal or outside resources) to cover the remainder of the meeting registration and travel expenses
Preference will be given to applicants from demographic groups who are underrepresented in the sciences. Applicants are initially rated for diversity and financial need. Applicants who pass the first round of selection based on those parameters are then reviewed on the following criteria:
- Students whose abstracts show strong scientific merit to application reviewers in their respective Sections/Focus Groups.
- Perceived impact the conference will have in helping the student develop as a scientist
- Letter of Recommendation from Academic Advisor
- Applications must be complete and submitted before the deadline to be considered.