UNSW, in the heart of dynamic and vibrant Sydney, is one of Australia’s leading Universities. It is the only university in Australia to be ranked in the top 100 in the world in Mathematics and Statistics by each of the four ranking bodies: CWTS Leiden, ARWU, USNews, QS. The School of Mathematics and Statistics at UNSW is a major centre of research and teaching in the mathematical sciences. It has notable strengths in fundamental research right through to ground breaking applications.
The School is seeking several appointments at Lecturer or Senior Lecturer level for people whose teaching and research interests align with one or more of our existing programs (http://www.maths.unsw.edu.au).
About the role
- A$101K – A$119K (Level B) or A$123K – A$141K (Level C) per year (plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Tenure Track Appointments (5 years initially)
Applicants should have
- PhD or equivalent qualification in a relevant mathematical science
- Demonstrated research ability in Applied Mathematics, Pure Mathematics, or Statistics, which align with the research directions in the School
- Evidence of effective teaching experience
- A strong publication record in top, peer-reviewed journals
- A capacity to continue productive research at the international level
- A record of, or demonstrated potential for, success in external research funding
- Strong dedication to independent research and research leadership
Additional criteria apply for the Senior Lecturer (Level C) position, please refer to the selection criteria in the position description.
Applicants may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to these roles. Applications should be made on-line and should systematically address the selection criteria in their applications.
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality and diversity in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
UNSW partners with Australia’s leading diversity organisations, networks, and campaigns. Please refer to UNSW’s diversity offerings for further information on our flexible work and leave options, and support for carers (childcare, parent rooms, parental leave).
Having read the documentation, you may direct any enquiries to:
Professor Bruce Henry
Applications close: 18 September 2017