Eawag, the Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology, is an internationally networked aquatic research institute within the ETH Domain (Swiss Federal Institutes of Technology). Eawag conducts research, education and expert consulting to achieve the dual goals of meeting direct human needs for water and maintaining the function and integrity of aquatic ecosystems.
The Department Surface Waters – Research and Management (SURF) has an open position for a Tenure Track Group Leader in Aquatic Physics to conduct research that focuses on understanding processes and quantifying rates and fluxes in surface waters with a focus on lakes, reservoirs and rivers and to contribute to fulfilling Eawag’s mandate in education and expert consulting.
The new group leader is expected to extend our small-scale expertise to large-scale and three-dimensional processes and build an independent research program. She or he will be supported through collaborations with excellent research groups in sedimentology, biogeochemistry, ecology, remote sensing and modelling within the department and the interdisciplinary research environment of Eawag. Joint supervision of PhD and MSc students is supported through cooperation with the Swiss Federal Institutes of Technology in Zürich (ETH) and Lausanne (EPFL). Via our partners, hydrological, meteorological and remotely sensed data as well as high performance computing are available.
The successful candidate should have:
- a PhD in environmental sciences or engineering, environmental fluid dynamics, lim-nology and oceanography or a related field
- an excellent research record related to aquatic physics
- interest in developing a strong academic research program in an interdisciplinary environment with a focus on large-scale physical processes and modelling
- excellent skills in communication and interdisciplinary teamwork
- excellent command of English and competence (or a willingness to develop competence) in one of the Swiss national languages
The candidate’s application must include:
- a brief letter of application that includes the motivation of the application for this position and a description of his or her experience in relevant fields of aquatic physics
- a curriculum vitae including the list of publications
- academic transcripts/record
- names and contact information for at least three academic references
Eawag offers a unique research and working environment and is committed to promoting equal opportunities for women and men and to support the compatibility of family and work. Applications from women are especially welcome. For more information about Eawag and our work conditions please consult www.eawag.ch and (http://www.eawag.ch/en/aboutus/working/employment/).
For information, about the department please consult www.eawag.ch/en/department/SURF/ and for further information about the position, please contact Dr C. Schubert (email@example.com) or Prof. Dr A. Wüest (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The deadline for applications is 15 June 2016.
We look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your application via the Eawag Jobs & Career webpage, any other way of applying will not be considered. The link below will take you directly to the application form. https://apply.refline.ch/673277/0431/pub/1/index.html