Science Writer – NOAA
The individual selected for this position will:
- Prepare written material that translates scientific, technical, and policy information into plain language for a variety of audiences, including non-technical lay audiences.
- Apply a comprehensive, intensive knowledge of the English language, writing techniques, editing procedures, and style guides.
- Edit material written by others to apply rules of grammar and style and ensure clarity for the intended audience.
- Assist with educating content contributors on style guide elements.
- Compile and edit time-sensitive weekly and other periodic reports that highlight activities and accomplishments of the National Ocean Service.
- Assist with monitoring resources such as media calendars to identify possible items for submission.
- Compile statistics on weekly reports.
- Research and write original content for the NOS website appropriate for the audience and corporate communication objectives.
- Research media to accompany website content.
- Coordinate review with subject matter experts to ensure accuracy.
- Use tact and diplomacy to coordinate editorial changes with program contacts and subject matter experts.
- Work in a fast-paced setting that requires managing multiple projects and deadlines at the same time.
Leave a Reply