- Lozier, M.S., 2005. A community effort toward the retention of women in physical oceanography. Oceanography, 18, 35-38.
- Lozier, M. S., 2006. MPOWIR: Mentoring Physical Oceanography Women to Increase Retention. EOS, 87 (12), 123-126.
- Lozier, M.S., A. Adcroft, L. Beal, A. Bower, D. Byrne, A. Capotondi, V. Coles, K. Lavender, C.M. Lee, J. MacKinnon, K. Shearman, L. St. Laurent, L. Thompson, and D. Witter. 2006. MPOWIR: Mentoring physical oceanography to increase retention. Report of a workshop held October 9-12, 2005. 32 pp. [pdf].
- Valvo, L.M., M.S. Lozier, and V. Coles, 2008. The Pattullo conference report and update on other MPOWIR activities. Report of a workshop held May 18-21, 2008. 35 pp. [pdf].
- Martini, K., Frajka-Williams, E., and Mouw, C., 2009. The Pattullo conference: building community through mentoring. Oceanography, 22, 226-227. [pdf].
- Lozier, M. S., 2009. A successful first Pattullo conference. Oceanography, 22, 224-225. [pdf].
- Gerber, L.M. and M.S. Lozier, 2010. The 2010 Pattullo conference report. Report of a workshop held May 23-26, 2010. 14 pp. [pdf].
- Coles, V., L. Gerber, S. Legg, and S. Lozier, 2011. Commentary: Mentoring groups—A nonexit strategy for women in physical oceanography. Oceanography 24(2):17–20, doi:10.5670/oceanog.2011.43. [pdf]
- Lozier, M.S. and S. Clem, 2015. Mentoring Physical Oceanography Women to Increase Retention, in Women in the Geosciences: Practical, Positive Practices Toward Parity (eds M. A. Holmes, S. OConnell and K. Dutt), John Wiley & Sons, Inc, Hoboken, NJ. doi: 10.1002/9781119067573.ch12 [pdf]
- Clem, S., S. Legg, S. Lozier, and C. Mouw, 2014. The impact of MPOWIR: A decade of investing in mentoring women in physical oceanography. Oceanography 27(4) supplement:39–48, [pdf].
- Clem, S., C. Mouw and S. Legg, 2016. MPOWIR Handbook. Unpublished manuscript. [pdf]
Mouw, C.B., S. Clem, S. Legg, and J. Stockard, 2018. Meeting mentoring needs in physical ocean- ography: An evaluation of the impact of MPOWIR. Oceanography 31(4):171–179, https://doi.org/ 10.5670/oceanog.2018.405. [pdf]