Researcher position – CICESE
CICESE is seeking to fill a RESEARCHER position for the Physical Oceanography Department of the Oceanology Division.
a) Academic Training:
- Candidates must have a PhD degree in sciences or engineering, and proven ability to carry out original and independent research in the areas of Physical Oceanography, Atmospheric Physics or Oceanic Engineering.
- Postdoctoral or equivalent experience.
- Candidates must have experience and abilities in the study of ocean or atmospheric physics with emphasis, but not limited to, the following areas of research:
- Theoretical aspects of geophysical fluid dynamics and turbulent processes.
- Dynamics and circulation of coastal zones, inland seas and oceans.
- Atmospheric dynamics, climate variability, and climate change.
- Marine and atmospheric renewable energies.More information about these lines of research (in Spanish) inhttps://posgrados.cicese.mx/posgrado/lineas_de_generacion/doctorado
- Candidates must have ability and willingness to advise students at the master’s and doctoral levels and teach graduate courses in the areas mentioned above.
- Ability to successfully submit projects to national and international financing agenciesto obtain the economic resources needed to carry out scientific research.
- Write scientific and science communication articles, and have verbal communicationskills to present academic and general interest seminars.
- Involvement in outreach projects with social, governmental, and productive sectors
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary research groups
- EVALUATION PROCEDURECarretera Tijuana-Ensenada No. 3918, Zona Playitas, C.P. 22860, Apdo. Postal 360, Ensenada B.C., México Teléfono: +52 6461750500,http://www.cicese.mx
The revision, analysis, and evaluation of the candidate’s applications will be performed by a Selection Committee which will also consider
- Presentation of an academic seminar at the Physical Oceanography Department (POD).
- One or more interviews with the POD faculty
Seminar and interviews by videoconference will be considered.
Learn more and apply: https://www.cicese.edu.mx/resultados/getPDFBolsaTrabajo/6
Leave a Reply