Postdoctoral Scholar in Physical Oceanography at Scripps Institution of Oceangraphy, University of California San Diego
A postdoctoral scholar position is available to work with Paola Cessi on the global oceanic circulation, with special emphasis on exchanges between large-scale basins, and in particular between the Indo-Pacific and the Atlantic. The approach is to use a range of models (conceptual box models, primitive-equations computations in simplified geometries) and data sets such as ECCO version 4, to understand the mass, temperature and salinity interbasin exchanges involved in the global overturning circulation.
- Completed a doctoral degree in applied mathematics, atmospheric or oceanic sciences;
- A strong physical, mathematical, and/or computational background;
- Programming experience in at least one general purpose language;
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with the MITgcm;
- Experience with high-performance parallel computing.
Please send applications to Professor Paola Cessi at email@example.com.
Applications should include a curriculum vitae, a one-page statement of research interests, and at least two letters of recommendation. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.