Postdoctoral Scholar – Scripps Institution of Oceanography
Conduct analysis of a dense 3D dataset of moorings and tows resolving hydraulically controlled flows, breaking internal waves, turbulent mixing and other processes in the Samoan Passage, a constriction in the abyssal Pacific Ocean.
- Applicants should have 0-2 years of Postdoctoral experience, or be nearing completion of their Ph.D. (estimated within 3 months), and be self-motivated and hard-working.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to produce scientific publications and presentations and meet project milestones are required.
- Strong analytical background with a Ph.D. in physical oceanography or a related field.
- Programming experience working in scripting languages such as Python, Perl, R and Matlab is highly desired.
- Experience with moored and/or towed shipboard data and numerical models such as MITgcm is desired.