Postdoctoral researchers – France’s ministries of Europe and foreign affairs
France’s ministries of Europe and foreign affairs (MEAE) and of higher education, research, and innovation (MESRI) have implemented a program of support for foreign postdoctoral researchers wishing to conduct further research in France on a topic related to earth systems, climate change and sustainability, or the energy transition.
Description of the Post-Doctoral project (in English):
– Title of the Project ;
– Abstract of the Post-Doctoral Project (2000 char. max.) ;
– Context and motivation (2000 char. max.) ;
– Scientific Objectives (2000 char. max.) ;
– Methodology and Planning (3000 char. max.) ;
– Keywords ;
– Position of the project in relation with the MOPGA scientific domains (1000 char. max.).
Who may apply?
Foreign researchers holding a doctoral degree are encouraged to respond to this call for proposals. Candidates must include with their application a letter from a French host institution agreeing to host their research if the candidate’s proposal is accepted by the program. Institutions hosting the selected researchers will be financed up to :
- 75 000€ to support the candidates research over a period of 18 months ;
- 50 000€ to support the candidates research over a period of 12 months ;
- 25 000€ to support the candidates research over a period of 6 months.
Three broad research themes are prioritized: Earth systems, climate change and sustainability, and the energy transition.
Candidates must possess a doctoral degree. They must not be French nationals and must not have been resident in France after September 1, 2018. Candidates may be of any age. The postdoctoral contract must take effect no later than March 31, 2020.
The candidates must either come from one of the 56 countries listed below or propose a post-doctoral project that benefits one or several of the listed countries.