Postdoctoral Research Associate – University of Edinburgh
Postdoctoral Research Associate in Applied Mathematics
We are looking for a Postdoctoral Research Associate in Applied Mathematics for a project on ocean surface wave modelling.
We are looking for a Postdoctoral Research Associate in Applied Mathematics for a project on ocean surface wave modelling. The position will be based at the School of Mathematics, University of Edinburgh, and is available from 1st January 2022 or a mutually agreeable date, for a 24 months fixed-term contract.
The Opportunity: The successful candidate will work with Prof J Vanneste as part of a NERC-NSF funded project with Prof W R Young (Scripps Institution of Oceanography). The project will study the scattering of ocean surface gravity waves by submesoscale currents and the impact of the resulting variability in wave activity on the ocean circulation. The candidate will join the Applied & Computational Mathematics group of the School of Mathematics.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- Holding a PhD by the start date,
- Outstanding research potential evidenced by high-quality publications,
- Strong background in fluid dynamics and/or wave dynamics,
- Familiarity with numerical methods for fluid and/or wave dynamics, and ability to carry out numerical simulations
- Good communication skills