Postdoc Position – NOAA AOML
Postdoc Position in Ocean Modeling for Multi-stressor Research at NGI (based in Miami)
The Northern Gulf Institute (NGI) has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Postdoctoral Associate to work at NOAA-AOML in Miami, Florida. The function of the postdoc is to use a regional ocean-biogeochemical model for South Florida to characterize patterns in relevant marine ecosystem stressors (ocean acidification, hypoxia, harmful algal blooms, warming, and eutrophication) impacting marine resources and coastal ecosystem services. The postdoc will be part of a multidisciplinary team that aims to investigate multi-stressor impacts under present and future climate change scenarios.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Configure a regional ocean-biogeochemical model
- Conduct numerical model experiments
- Analyze and describe simulated patterns
- Participate in regular team meetings
- Present research results in scientific conferences and workshops
- Submit manuscripts to peer-reviewed journals.
Further details can be found here: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/cw/en-us/job/506634?lApplicationSubSourceID=