Three post-doctoral research associates are sought within the Department of Meteorology to work within the context of the ERC-funded Advanced Research Grant “Understanding the atmospheric circulation response to climate change” (ACRCC), under the supervision of Professor Ted Shepherd. The goal of the project is to improve our fundamental understanding of large-scale atmospheric circulation in both the tropics and extra-tropics, including climatology, variability, and the response to climate change, and its representation in climate models. There will be a strong emphasis on the interaction between large-scale and small-scale (i.e. parameterized) processes.
- A PhD or equivalent in atmospheric dynamics or a related area
- Strong quantitative skills, including modelling, date analysis, and theory
- A proven track record in excellent peer-reviewed publications
- Evidence of creativity and capability of independent thought
- Excellent writing and communication skills
For more information Click Here