The Groupe de recherche en limnologie et en environnement aquatique (GRIL) is seeking a postdoctoral fellow for a 2-year term to begin in Fall 2017. The position is associated with a project to create a platform for archiving data/metadata for the GRIL network of 48 researchers and 9 universities in Québec, Canada. Opportunities exist for data-mining and involvement in Data Derbies or thematic workshops using the data associated with the platform.
The ideal candidate will have completed their PhD requirements within the past 5 years. The position will be based at the Université de Montréal but the postdoctoral fellow will ultimately report to the GRIL “Comité de Gestion et d’Archivage des Données” (CGAD) and to the GRIL director and coordinators.
- oversee the conception, implementation, and deployment of a platform to archive data and share metadata by GRIL researchers and students;
- lead the GRIL committee (CGAD) in charge of the platform and report regularly to the GRIL director and coordinators;
- interact with GRIL researchers, staff scientists, and students to help them format and upload their information;
- advocate for the archival and sharing of primary research data, including presentations to researchers and students, and involvement in workshops.
- a PhD in Limnology, Oceanography, or related area;
- experience with data management and the handling of large, multi-faceted datasets;
- programming skills and knowledge of relational databases (especially mySQL);
- must be able to communicate effectively in French and English.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a CV, name and contact information for two referees, and a letter of motivation outlining how their experience and desired career path align with the position to: Pierre-Olivier Benoit – email@example.com Application deadline: July 24, 2017 Interview for selected candidate(s): between July 31st and August 2nd 2017 The successful candidate is expected to enter their new position in Fall 2017.