Job no: 492874
Work type: Full time
The Integrated Marine Observing System (IMOS) is a national collaborative research infrastructure, supported by the Australian Government.
The role supports the IMOS Project Manager in the compilation of contracts, plans, reports and budgets; and assists with the scientific, communication and engagement activities of the national IMOS program.
In the role you will:
- Work with the Project Manager in the compilation of contracts, plans, reports and budgets, and provide oversight of IMOS National program of work and improvement of business management systems.
- Recognised expert in relation to IMOS operations covering KPIs 1 and 2; deployment and recovery of equipment, and data delivery protocols. Develop, implement, manage and improve the IMOS operations database, and milestone delivery protocols.
- Maintain strong internal and external relationships with IMOS Operators, Facility/Sub-Facility leaders, and the broader IMOS community.
- Executive support and committee membership as required. Examples are the Forum for Operational Oceanography and National Mooring Network Steering Committee.
- Independently develop policies in relation to the areas under this role, progress these to approval and ensure they are then communicated to the appropriate parties.
You will be employed on a fixed-term, full-time basis, concluding March 2020.
To be considered, you will have:
- Completion of a degree qualification in a relevant science or administrative discipline with at least 4 years subsequent relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated high level project management and coordination skills, with accuracy and a high level of attention to detail.
- Understanding of managing budgets of complex research projects and advising management of significant variations and suggested actions.
- Demonstrated competency in word processing; spreadsheet, database, and presentation software; and the internet and electronic mail.
- Ability to independently research an issue and provide management with a concise summary and recommendations of a subject or area under examination.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 7 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $102,898 comprising base salary within the range of $83,753 to $93,971 plus 9.5% superannuation.
For further information about this position please contact Emma Sommerville, acting IMOS Project Manager, Emma.Sommerville@utas.edu.au / 03 6226 6462.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position/selection criteria.
Applications close Friday, 12 October 2018.