MPOWIR is pleased to announce several opportunities to get involved. For more information on any of our programs and initiatives, please visit mpowir.org. Please feel free to share this e-mail through your department or community listserve.
- NASA MPOWIR Speaker Series: Applications are now open. Explore career opportunities at NASA, tour the Jet Propulsion Laboratory or Goddard Space Flight Center, and present your research to NASA scientists. Application deadline will be February 24, 2017. http://mpowir.org/get-involved/nasa-speaker-series/
- The Pattullo Conference 2017 will be held October 1-4, 2017 in Warrenton, VA. The conference brings together junior and senior scientist for several days of community building, mentoring, networking, and research feedback. Registration will open in February 2017. For more information and to sign up for updates visit: http://mpowir.org/get-involved/pattullo/.
- MPOWIR is planning to start a webinar series directed at early to mid-career physical oceanographers. We envision these sessions will include a brief panel-style introduction followed by open discussion on selected topics. Please use the survey link below to help us by identifying topics that are most relevant to you. The survey contains only 2 questions, and should only take about one minute of your time. http://mpowir.org/get-involved/webinar-series/
- The MPOWIR Handbook describes the structure of MPOWIR programs, including logistics and costs, sharing the MPOWIR template for discipline-specific mentoring with a broader audience. This guide is intended to help other sub-disciplines of oceanography and the greater geosciences community in planning their own mentoring programs. Please feel free to share this resource with institutional and international colleagues. http://mpowir.org/resources/handbook/
- There are a number of new Career Profiles on the MPOWIR website. Stop by and read through them, or contribute your own! http://mpowir.org/resources/career-profiles/