Institution-wide Postdoctoral positions – Scripps Institution of Oceanography
Scripps Institution of Oceanography – SIO – ALL UNITS
*Open date: *September 1st, 2020
*Next review date:* Sunday, Oct 25, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time) Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
*Final date: *Monday, Oct 26, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Scripps Institution of Oceanography at UC San Diego in La Jolla, California, invites applications for one or more Institution-wide Postdoctoral positions in any of the major areas of research conducted at
Scripps. Scripps Institution of Oceanography is one of the oldest, largest, and most important centers for marine science research in the world. Research at Scripps encompasses physical, chemical, biological, geological, and geophysical studies of the oceans, earth, and atmosphere.
Scripps Postdoctoral scholars are expected to interact with existing programs. Research activities at Scripps can be explored by viewing profiles of the Principal Investigators at Scripps (
urldefense.com/v3/__https://scripps.ucsd.edu/people/faculty__;!!OToaGQ!9fbIWjOI0fbZDePfSJEFFbfjRacp_f4Y-XfI8cV2jF1p3r8LSK7R_7snR869XBfyUw$ ). The intention of this program is to expose early career postdocs to new research opportunities and the facilities available at SIO/UCSD. Awards are competitive with a major emphasis on potential for independent, creative research. The Postdoc
positions are for one year, and award twelve months of salary with a minimum stipend of $62,000 plus benefits and a one-time research allowance of $5,000. An additional twelve months of support will be granted (subject to satisfactory review), totaling 24 months. Appointees are eligible for health insurance through UC San Diego.
Candidates are required to have a PhD degree in ocean, earth or atmospheric sciences, mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, environmental policy or a related field conferred by November 30, 2021.
Candidates are required to have no more than 3 years postdoctoral experience at the time of appointment.
Candidate application materials include a current CV, summary of doctoral dissertation, statement of research, mentor support letter and two confidential letters of recommendation. Candidates are required to contact potential mentors and identify mutual research interests prior to submitting their applications. Successful candidates are expected to start before December 1, 2021. For full consideration, candidates should apply by October 25, 2020 at:
For instructions about the Scripps Postdoctoral Program, Reference Letters, and Mentor Support Letters, go to: urldefense.com/v3/__https://scripps.ucsd.edu/postdocs/program__;!!OToaGQ!9fbIWjOI0fbZDePfSJEFFbfjRacp_f4Y-XfI8cV2jF1p3r8LSK7R_7snR876RV9tiQ$
UCSD is an Equal Opportunity Employer, with a strong institutional commitment to excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated C.V.
- Summary of Doctoral Dissertation – One page summary (abstract) of your doctoral dissertation.
- Statement of Research – A concise statement describing your research interests (3 page maximum), in particular, those interests you’d like to pursue at Scripps as well as more general career plans and how a postdoc position at Scripps would complement your existing experience.
- Mentor Support Letter 1 – Applicant obtains a mentor support letter which addresses the mentor’s willingness to serve as a mentor, provides an assessment of the candidate’s training, former work, and suitability for the proposed postdoctoral project and includes access to appropriate facilities.
- Mentor Support Letter 2 – OPTIONAL (if candidate has additional mentor) (Optional)
- Mentor Support Letter 3 – OPTIONAL (if candidate has additional mentor) (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity – Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See our Faculty Equity: https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://facultydiversity.ucsd.edu/recruitment/contributions-to-diversity.html__;!!OToaGQ!9fbIWjOI0fbZDePfSJEFFbfjRacp_f4Y-XfI8cV2jF1p3r8LSK7R_7snR84fNVt9yw$ site for more information. (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2 letters of reference required
- Log in to your portfolio https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/JPF02541/apply__;!!OToaGQ!9fbIWjOI0fbZDePfSJEFFbfjRacp_f4Y-XfI8cV2jF1p3r8LSK7R_7snR84eASUTqA$
Need help? Contact the hiring department https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/JPF02541/question__;!!OToaGQ!9fbIWjOI0fbZDePfSJEFFbfjRacp_f4Y-XfI8cV2jF1p3r8LSK7R_7snR86xPxAnwA$.
The University of California, San Diego is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You have the right to an equal employment opportunity
For more information about your rights, see the EEO is the Law Supplement
The University of California, San Diego is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities
See our Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act Annual Security Reports
AP On-Line *Recruit*
University of California, San Diego
– Accessibility <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/accessibility__;!!OToaGQ!9fbIWjOI0fbZDePfSJEFFbfjRacp_f4Y-XfI8cV2jF1p3r8LSK7R_7snR87MMYfWOA$ >
– About <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/about__;!!OToaGQ!9fbIWjOI0fbZDePfSJEFFbfjRacp_f4Y-XfI8cV2jF1p3r8LSK7R_7snR87Q0MAKZg$ >
state <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/privacy/gdpr__;!!OToaGQ!9fbIWjOI0fbZDePfSJEFFbfjRacp_f4Y-XfI8cV2jF1p3r8LSK7R_7snR85UNr9VUQ$ >
Leave a Reply