Assistant Professor (Physical Oceanography)
Department of Oceanography, School of Ocean and Earth Science and Technology
Duties and Responsibilities
The School of Ocean and Earth Science and Technology (SOEST) was established at the University of Hawaii at Manoa to promote excellence in interdisciplinary research and undergraduate/graduate education in marine, atmospheric, and geological sciences. We seek an individual with expertise and research experience in the field of physical oceanography, with an emphasis on the causes and impacts of sea-level rise and variability.
The successful candidate is expected to serve as Director of the UH Sea Level Center, establish a cutting edge research program, and develop outstanding teaching/educational programs, including classroom instruction and contributions to both the graduate Oceanography and undergraduate Global Environmental Science programs.
- Ph.D. in oceanography or other relevant discipline
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated capability for creative, high-quality research
- Ability to contribute to teaching and mentoring of undergraduate and graduate students
- Demonstrated potential to successfully develop and lead research programs
To Apply: Submit a single electronic file (in pdf format) containing a cover letter, vita, statement of research and teaching interests, three representative publications, and the names and contact information for at least three references to email@example.com.